Bank Transfer Toolkit
Make the Switch to WPCCU!
To smoothly move accounts from other financial institutions to WPCCU, follow our checklist:
- Verify your membership eligibility: Check requirements here.
- If eligible, complete your WPCCU member application
- Submit your application with a one-time $5 membership fee, and
- Keep $25 in your primary share account Open your new checking account with a $10 minimum deposit
Once your WPCCU accounts are established, begin the process of transferring your accounts from other financial institutions:
- Make a list of all of your automatic payments and deposits at your previous checking account – you may find this spending tracking sheet provided by Balance Financial Fitness helpful
- Check maturity dates on certificates of deposit, if transferring, to avoid early withdrawal penalties
- Verify that all checks, check card transactions and scheduled bill payments have cleared your previous checking account
- Set up your new Online Banking, Mobile Banking and Bill Pay accounts
Changing Your Direct Deposit:
To reroute your direct deposit payments, ask your employer to any direct-deposited paychecks to your new account:
- Complete a Direct Deposit Request Form
- WPCCU Routing/Transit number: 322078422
Changing your Social Security deposits?
Visit the Social Security website. Or call the Social Security Administration at: 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778)
After The Switch:
Verify your direct deposits have transferred and then reschedule each automatic payment or debit to come out of your new account
- Leave some cash in your previous account for at least a month to ensure payment in case of any oversights
- Electronically transfer the final funds from your previous account to your new one when you are certain that all automatic payments and deposits are switched over
- Follow the procedures for closing an account at your previous financial institution after the transfer clears
- Obtain written confirmation that your previous financial institution has closed out your account