WPCU Home » Membership
How to join Water and Power Community Credit Union
Becoming a member of WPCCU is easy.
1) First you must meet the membership eligibility requirements. There are several ways to qualify for membership.
- Live, work, worship, or be enrolled in college or trade school in a qualifying zip code (for a zip code search, see below)
- Have an immediate family member (spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent, grandchild, stepparent, stepchild, stepsibling, adopted relationship, or domestic partner) who is a member of WPCCU
- Have a member of your household (person living in your same residence) who is a member of WPCCU
- Be an employee, or have a family member or member of your household who is an employee of the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power
- Be an employee, or have a family member or member of your household who is an employee of WPCCU or of a Select Employee Group or Preferred Employee Group
2) If you qualify, print out an application (see related links) and bring it in to one of our six branches. You will need to bring the following:
- One-time membership fee of $5 (waived for Select or Preferred Employee Group members)
- $25 minimum deposit, required to remain in your savings account to keep your membership active
- $10 minimum deposit to open a checking account
- Two forms of Identification: a valid driver’s license or government ID, plus a secondary form of identification such as a credit card. If the address on your identification is not current, please bring either a utility bill or credit card bill to verify your correct address.
Transferring your banking account to WPCCU? Click here for our Bank Transfer Toolkit and checkist.
Zip Code Search:
Select the zip code you wish to search for